Home :: News
Apartment Landlord Utility Charges and Rent Late Fees
The Monts Firm and two other law firms have successfully sued two of the largest apartment management companies in Texas (Lincoln Property and AMLI) over excessive late fees and other prohibited surcharges on past due utility bills. Both class action lawsuits have been settled. Other similar cases remain pending.
If you believe a landlord has overcharged you for water or rent late fees Please call 512-474-6092 or email us.
Here are some of the apartment management companies we have sued or are investigating:
- Mid-America Apartments (MAA) - 2 class actions pending in federal district court in Austin.
- Greystar / Riverstone - class action pending in federal district court in Austin.
- Camden Property Trust - class actions pending in Travis County and Harris County district courts.
- IMT - 2 class actions pending in state court in Houston
- Steadfast Management - 2 class actions pending in federal district court in Austin
- Grayridge Partners - class actions pending in Harris County district court.
- Post Properties
- Passco Alanza - class action pending in Harris County district court.
- Other apartment companies under investigation
Credit Card “Convenience Fees”
The Monts firm currently is investigating consumer complaints involving businesses that charge customers extra fees called “convenience fees” to pay for goods and services using credit cards. This practice is illegal in a number of states, including Texas.
If this has happened to you, Please call 512-474-6092 or email us.